World Gravel Championships, Paris-Tours, Tour of Turkey

 

World Gravel Championships in beautiful Trevino-Veneto, Italy

“I always believed from the very start. The more I was making it through selections, the more I felt I had good legs and I knew the final as I reckoned the last 40km. If I tried to design it myself, I couldn’t do a better parcours: it was super technical, super sharp and steep climbs and that suits me perfectly. I knew I had to hurt myself and the others would also suffer and in the end, I managed to hold on all the was to the end.”
-Matej Mohoric

“This is special, this is everything. This could be a big start for me, having a big win like this in a special race is phenomenal. I’m speechless. It was brutal, I knew at 2km to go that we were just about to make it and I was able to give some wheels away and I was in perfect position.
-Riley Sheehan. The 23-year-old Israel Premier Tech Stagiaire takes his biggest victory in Paris-Tours.





Greg van Avermaet retires after Paris-Tours.

“For me, there are no regrets and I am super happy with what I did. I worked hard for it, but everyone is working hard in cycling so you have to be lucky and talented and I gave my best everyday and then you cannot have one regret I think if you have done the best you can do. I always say, this will always survive: if you have talent and a good nose for the racing you will always go far.”

-Greg van Avermaet

 







Comments