GP La Marseillaise: A day of glory

 

Geniets awaits to be called to the podium

I just a few hours after Laurence Pithie’s victory in Australia, Groupama-FDJ scored its second win of the season on the opening of the Coupe de France, Grand Prix de Marseille-La Marseillaise on Sunday credit to Kevin Geniets.

“This is my sixth professional season and I have often worked for the leaders, so it feels good to finally win a race. At the start of this season, I have my own chance. The team put a little pressure on me, but I also put it on myself. I really wanted to finally win a race. It’s an important day in my career.”

-Kevin Geniets

“Cycling is sometimes irrational. We won two race on the same day, then sometimes there are more difficult times. When you win very early, it brings serenity and happiness! And with that you can go very far.”

-Yvon Caer. DS Groupama-FDJ

“I’m happy to finish second, but disappointed for my teammates not to have won as we have took control of the race all day long.”

-Alex Baudin

Results







Look back: Gilles Delion wins the 1994 GP La Marseillaise

Comments