It’s difficult when you finish second

 


“I don’t think it’s a secret that we were disappointed with the results.We wanted to make the race hard on the circuits and my job was to be there for a small group sprint. We were able to execute our plan almost to perfection. Sometimes it’s difficult when you finish second by such a small margin but I am happy with this result and this performance both for myself and for the Team. The season is still long for all of us but, with the way we raced today, I think we have shown we are all in good shape.”

-Natnael Tesfazion sprints to second. Lido-Trek

“I knew I had to be patient. We spoke in the briefing this morning, patience was going to be key. It was just going balls to the walls, full gas. I was coming back at him (Tesfazion), coming back at him, had to close the gap. The Intermarché rider on the outside, he was coming quick, but I just managed to hold on in the lunge.”

-Laurence Pithie. First WorldTour win. Groupama-FDJ




Results



Comments