Magdeleine Vallieres, Simon Carr

 


Québécois rider, Magdeleine Vallieres took her first pro win at the inaugural Trofeo Palma Femina, making it two wins in two days for EF Education Cannondale. The 22-year-old racer did not just conquer the challenging course with four cat climbs in the final 40 kilometers but also soloed her way to the glorifying finish.

“Everyone worked so well and so hard together all day. It was my turn to be aggressive on the climbs and to try to read the race and see what I could do. I attack a couple of times at the top of the climbs and then on the descent. I didn’t know the descent so I just kept looking at the Wahoo and was like ‘Okay, this looks straight, I can push’ and then there would be a turn and I had to slam on the brakes.

I’m rooming with Noemi Ruegg and with her win yesterday (Trofeo Felanitx-Colonia de Sant Jordi) she shined so much that it must have radiated one me for today and gave me some extra motivation. I am so happy. I feel like I’m going to wake up and it’s just a dream.”

-Magdeleine Vallieres







Comments