Mont Faron surprise, Algarve and Andalucia

“I just sprinted all the way to the line. It’s such a surprise to win. It was a really, really hard race with the attacks. I wanted to try an attack but it was so hard I had to wait. Then he was slowing and so passed him.”

-Lenny Martinez shows Tobias Halland Johannessen not to celebrate to early before crossing the finishing line.


 


“I immediately rode to the bus after the time trail, then I heard that I had won and had to go to the podium, so it was great, it’s still the Ruta del Sol. It’s a pity that the other stages have been cancelled now, but it is what it is. This was actually comparable to a 10-minute test on training camp, it’s a good sign that I could win and it gives me confidence for what comes next.”
-Maxim van Gils wins stage 3, The Ruta del Sol (Vuelta Andalucia) and the overall. The race went from five to one stage due to farmer protests.




Comments