Vos the GOAT

 


“It was a very tough race. Everyone knew how strong Kopecky was. On the road she showed she had a set of good legs. It was clear she was going to try to attack on the Kapelmuur and on the Bosberg. So it was all hands on deck to follow her there. In the end, I hoped I would have an extra gear in the sprint. Fortunately, that was the case.
This victory means a lot to me. To be able to start the new season like this, I never dared to dream beforehand. That it was also my debut in Omloop Het Nieuwsblad made it even more beautiful.”
-Marianne Vos. Thirty-six-year-old wins her first OHN.

“I mentioned many times already that I had eating disorders quite bad. It was from one point to the other, and actually, I already finished my career. But then I went to Tirol (in 2013) and then almost already finished. Then one small team called Amplatz took me, and I started growing. 

I think I started cycling at 18 years old, and after two years, I was already with QuickStep. But when I look back, I think I learned a lot. To be here now, to win this, I think I must be proud of myself. I learnt a lot from the mental side and also yeah that cycling is just one part of life. You also need to enjoy life because when you finish cycling, the life goes on.”

-Jan Tratnik. Thirty-four-year-old defies the olds and wins OHN.














Comments