Strade Bianche: Hurricane Pogacar

 

Top Italian in 7th: Davide Formolo

"When we came to Santa Maria (80kms to go), it was hailstorms, it was really tough conditions. There were no more resources left in the group, it was only 25 riders. It was a moment where you couldn't see anything because it was so muddy, and I decided to go on the attack there. I knew it was going to be long, but I knew when I had a gap I just went to the end."

-Tadej Pogacar puts everyone in the hurt locker.

“You always have to go for a victory. Otherwise don’t start a race and you better stay in bed.”

-Elisa Long Borghini. Second place.

"He attacked and it felt like we were in the grupetto to be honest."

-Tom Pidcock



Carrying good form: Lenny Martinez (8th place).



Toms Skujins: "It was a battle, this podium is a huge reward." 


Top American: Kristen Faulkner (6th place).








Comments