Basque Country Stage 5 and GOATs of Arenberg

 

Twenty-one-year-old Romain Gregoire narrowly wins his first World Tour stage.

















Canadian Alison Jackson will return to defend her title this Saturday.

4 wins club: Roger De Vlaeminck...

... Tom Boonen



King Kelly, 1984 winner

The Cannibal, 1970 winner




"It's not that Roubaix has a more special meaning for me than any other Monument, but it's the one that I do that I have the highest chance of winning. Milan-Sanremo is tough for someone like me because it's so slow for a long time and then full gas for an hour and I don't like that. Flanders is a lot of climbing, I can do a good result, but it fits me less. Then it comes down to Roubaix. Sometimes we are not choosing the races we like, but the races chooses us, and this one fits me best. Luckily, the way I am built is that I am built well enough for the cobblestones. Let's see if it's good enough that I can win."
-Mads Pedersen


Comments