Liege-Bastogne-Liege: I’m really happy with second place

 

The smile tells it all. Romain Bardet’s best Monument finish.

"In cycling you try hard and spend maybe 90 percent of the time training in the shadows. We know that everyone in the team is working hard and giving their best so I always trust the process. We have to make a lot of sacrifices to be at this level but I think it is also good to then be able to share in those moments together when we get the results we are aiming for. Today the guys rode really well and we were where we wanted to be. On La Redoute it was about the legs and I followed a counter attack, before giving it my all on Roche-aux-Faucons. I knew it would be difficult in the end to stay away due to the headwind, but we also knew that there weren't many teams left with numbers to chase. It was mostly then stop and go with the attacks in the peloton, so I just tried to focus on my own efforts and gave everything to the line. I'm really happy with the second place and it is nice confidence boost ahead of what's to come."
-Romain Bardet. 2nd Liege-Bastogne-Liege


Super sprint by Grace Brown







Comments