Tuscan victory, Decathlon TdF roster, Crans Montana XCO

 

Le Tour starts Saturday

Italian RR: 1. Alberto Bettiol, 2. Lorenzo Rota, 3. Edoardo Zambonini

Alberto Bettiol has won the Italian tricolore jersey for the next year. The Tuscan won in Tuscany and soloed to a brilliant win just days ahead of the Tour de France visiting his home region.

“I didn’t expect to drop them because they were really strong. On the last lap, I just closed my eyes on the climb. I looked back, there was nobody, and I kept going. I am super happy to wear this jersey close to my hometown. It’s going to be a year full of emotion with this jersey around the world and especially starting next week in Florence for the Grand Depart of the Tour de France. I think it’s one of the best days of. My life from a cycling point of view.”
-Alberto Bettiol









Comments