TdF Stage 5: History makers

 

Mark Cavendish becomes the GOAT on stage 5. If you look closely, Cavendish’s
chain dislodges as he crosses the finish line!

“We didn’t nail it as a team like we wanted to do, but the boys improvised and got me there in the best position. When you’re not physically as good as everybody else, it’s definitely beneficial to use your head a bit.”
-Mark Cavendish secures the record 35th Tour stage victory.




Biniam Girmay: First black African rider to wear the green jersey.

"Mark Cavendish was my idol, I dreamed to be like him. I'm incredibly happy for his achievement, and I'm honoured to wear the green jersey, the symbol of the sprinter, the jersey that Mark wore through Tour de France history."
-Biniam Girmay is the leader in the points classification with 102 pts, Mads Pedersen is second with 94 pts.

 


Comments