GP Cycliste de Montréal: Domination

 

Favorite for Zurich World Championships




Top Canadian: Mike Woods in 8th place with Jakob Fuglsang (16th).


“It was so special racing with this jersey in front of these crowds. It’s maybe the only reason I have a sting of disappointment as there was so much support, so much love, so I really wanted to honour that.”

-Michael Woods

“It was always going to be difficult to cut the gap to Pogacar, but I didn’t give up and tried to form a chasing group. That didn’t work, but I kept believing, and at the end of the day I am happy with the result, especially as it’s my first podium here in Canada. I like the atmosphere and the fans here, and it’s nice to be in the top three after such a difficult race. This result is also an important confidence-boost ahead of the World Championships in Zurich, where I hope to be present together with the French team.”

-Julian Alaphilippe



Comments