La Vuelta stage 20 Dunbar soars, Tour of Britain stage 5

 


Ten days after his success in Padron, Eddie Dunbar made the decisive move on the slopes of Picon Blanco to take his second stage win.

"I always knew it was going to be a really difficult stage but with the way the last three weeks have been ridden I just thought that a lot of guys would be tired today, especially GC guys who have gone to the limit every day. I knew that if I stayed with them and did everything right in the last week, I'd have a chance to maybe get the stage win today. 

I knew if I just kept pacing myself and kept riding at threshold, if someone was going to come across it was going to take a big effort, so I paced myself really well. It wasn't until about 200 metres to go that I thought I could probably hold them off, when I looked back and saw a bit of daylight there. I was just enjoying that last 50 metres."

-Eddie Dunbar






\

Raymond Poulidor: 1964 Vuelta a Espana champion

Comments