CX Exact Cross Beringen: Opening round

 



Van Empel dominates 

Fem Van Empel rode the Tour de l’Avenir and the Tour de Romandie in September. Switching from the roads to CX the World Champion hasn’t lost her beat as she dominated the opening round winning the Exact Cross Beringen in Belgium.

“Mentally I wasn’t really prepared for the crosses, but I knew I was physically fine. But it is still a big switch from the road to the cross. It’s a shame if you don’t ride crosses in that nice jersey, so I try to take advantage of it. But I also definitely want to rest somewhere, that will come.”

-Fem Van Empel


Lars van der Haar takes the opening round of the cyclocross season

Lars van der Haar has taken victory at Exact Cross Beringen, the race was overshadowed by a nasty mid-race spat between Eli Isebyt and Ryan Kamp. The flashpoint occurred when the two almost came to blows after a crash, with the Belgian champion Isebyt stomping hard on the latter’s bike and angrily giving Kamp a mouthful afterwards. Iserbyt was DQ from the race on the sixth lap.

“My acts after the hard crash were mad in a rage of anger and don’t belong in this sport. For this, I want to apologize to everyone I look forward to the next races!”
-Eli Iserbyt




Comments