XC Heerderstrand: Alvarado, Iserbyt

 

Alvarado dominates

Three victories in her opening four cyclocross races for 2020 world champion Ceylin del Carmen Alvarado after a dominant effort to win today at Exact Cross Heerderstrand in the The Netherlands. 

“I didn’t have the best legs today, and when it took a long time at the beginning I thought it was going to be a difficult story. But I didn’t give up. I also changed bikes, because my tires were a bit too smooth. After that, I was confident that I would close the gap, and I’m glad I succeeded. 
I could rest a bit in the wheel, because they slowed down the pace a bit. That was not bad for me, because it allowed me to recover from a reasonable effort. After that, I knew I had to choose my moment specifically. I had been in the wheel for a few laps and that’s how I decided where to go. I didn’t make my effort too long, and I hoped they would break. Luckily they did.”
- Ceylin del Carmen Alvarado.




Comments