Remco Evenepoel was far from done since his historic victory at the Plateau de Solasion on Sunday. He claimed Belgium’s 500th Tour de France stage win, delivering a masterclass in the 26.1km ITT between Evian-les-Bains and Thonon-les-Bains. This is the tenth Belgian stage win on their national day, the first since Rudy Matthias won on the Champs-Élysées on 21 July 1985. Evenepoel, once again, outmuscled Tadej Pogacar to take a third ITT stage win in as many editions of the Tour. French hero, Paul Seixas gained seconds but Issac del Toro remains in third place. Florian Lipowitz abandoned after a crash.
“I did a super climb, I felt hyper good, I had to hold back at the start. If feels good to take 2 stages. For the moment, everything is going well, I’m really starting to feel good. It’s a shame that Lipowitz abandons, that’s a black spot.”
-Remco Evenepoel
“The course was really good, even thought the descent was perhaps a bit dangerous on a time trial bike. It’s a shame for Lipowitz, he’s yet another excellent rider who’s dropping out. I did my best and in the end I’m super happy.”
-Paul Seixas
Time is relative
Look back…
Robert Millar: 1990 Tour de France ITT




Comments