EF Education Easypost keeps on rolling.
The day after Noah Hobbs’ sprint victory on Stage 1 of the Tour de l’Ain, Markel Beloki attacked down the descent from the Col du Portes for EF Education EasyPost’s second straight win at the stage race in the east of France.
Markel leads the GC by 51 seconds and today’s final stage is through the Jura mountains from Oyonnax to Lelex. With seven categorized climbs on the route, and an uphill drag to the finish, it will be challenge.
“I didn’t have my best legs on the climb, so we preferred to set a high pace. Then on the descent a few guys came back from behind, so we had to play a different card on the flat part. I attacked in the last 10 kilometers, and I could make it to the finish line.
This win gives me a lot of confidence. I’ve been at altitude working hard for myself. I came here to test the legs, and I know they’re good - so let’s see what’s coming.”
-Markel Beloki

Comments