Kooij in Spakassen Munsterland

 


The 20th edition of Sparkassen Munsterland Giro was pan-flat 190km long race from Borken to Munster. A race for the  sprinters, a majority of the world’s best took place - Tim Merlier, Jasper Philipsen, Matthew Brennan, Dylan Groenewegen and more top sprinters were present. But none could come close to victory taken by Olav Kooij.

“This is always a race with a really strong sprint field, and on the laps it’s always quite hard to stay together. So also for us, it was not easy, but I think we managed to get in good position, and then actually the team helped me a lot. And then in the last 100 metres, Cees Bol came to the front, and he kept the speed high. And I was in a position to launch myself. So when I went, I was just hoping to hold on.”

-Olav Kooij wins for the second time in his career, ahead of Jordi Meeus and Frits Biesterbos. 


Comments