Jens the Hero.



Heroic actions in the Tour are displayed everyday, one can add the injury sustained by the Jens Voigt to be one of them. It was one of the horrific accidents I've seen, again and again on the 'net, and I choose surviving it as utterly amazing. Voigt is one of the veteran riders in the peloton and admired for his panache for attacking & just being a nice guy. He rides for Saxo Bank and figures to be back for the 2010 Tour. Now in hospital resting from an concussion and broken cheekbone, Voigt said, "This would be a bad way to stop." After the fall on Stage 16, he was pure class when he said, "I think I was very lucky not getting severely hurt. Now I hope that you can focus on the race and I wish you all good luck with the hard stage tomorrow."

I'm glad that he's doing fine and we'll all be glad to see him come back for next year's Tour!

Comments