Friday File: Northwave Vest Review, Iron Kiwi & Autodrop.

Thumbs Up to my new Northwave Sid water resistant vest.




This the last Friday File of 2012, let's get started...


This morning I rode 1hr30min around UBC and truly enjoyed the cold and rainy conditions. It wasn't pouring cats and dogs to warrant my waterproof plastic jacket. I don't real like it as it traps all the perspiration in and overheats. So, what I did was don on my new Northwave Sid Water Resistant Vest (recently purchased) ...it was a good time to put it to use.

I'm very glad I used my new Northwave vest over my long sleeved jacket. Without delay, the cloudy weather slowly turned into rain and my vest turned into a champion keeping the rain off me. In fact, I felt so confident that my ride turned out into a good workout of hills. Unfortunately, my Marinoni is going to need some TLC cleaning!


Many thanks to Erich and Barry of Autodrop Ltd. for the embrocation. Today, the Uwharrie Embro provided that perfect amount of heat for the legs. And, also one other item of interest, is the Autodrop Ltd. cycling cap. Proudly handmade by Red Dots Cycling, made of Linen/cotton in a very distinctive black with blue stripe including the Autodrop Ltd. lion motif on the inside brim... now on sale!


38-year old, Julian Dean (Orica-GreenEDGE) will call it a career, a solid one too. Before he retires, he will compete in the Sun Tour and the New Zealand national championships in Christchurch on January 13th. A long cycling career of 17 years for the iron Kiwi will come to an end. His new career will soon begin with Orica GreenEDGE as assistant sporting director and mentor.



The Iron Kiwi will hang up his wheels.
Sirotti


Comments