Drag Finish For The Cagey Veteran; Cadel Evans

via BMC Racing





A huge win today for Cadel Evans on the Queen stage 6 to Snowbird Resort. After my morning ride I stretched my legs and enjoyed the online Tourtracker feed from Utah. The stage came to a close ending as 24 year old Joey Rosskopf (Hincapie) looked like a stage winner but a small downhill dip toward the line sparked a fast charging and the cagey veteran into action. 


"It's a bit strange on a mountain stage to have a downhill finish, but I had a bit of an idea how the finish went. So I knew it was favorable to be coming off a wheel there. I had an idea of what was the right thing to do and it seems my ideal was successful."

- Cadel Evans.


This season, wins are few and far between for Evans, but when he does win it's certainly spirited!







Comments