Friday File: Il Lombardia: The wall, Milano Torino









The Race of the Falling Leaves: The final Monument of the season will start in Bergamo and finish in Como. Up and down hills total elevation 4,000 meters. Including the beast:  Muro di Sormano, 2 kms, 17% maximum of 27%. Muro translates to 'wall' and was first introduced back in the sixties will be back to shake off the weak before the final two climbs with the Civiglio and Fermo della Battaglia climbs to decide the race.






 











Rigoberto Uran is one of the favorites to win Il Lombardia. Rigo is on fire this season having just won Milano Torino. Third last year, can he finally make the top step? If the stars are right... Rigo can do it!











"In my career, sometimes I have been told that I've attacked too early or too late. Today it was early, not exactly when I planned to do it. But I saw a gap and I went - on the hardest part of the climb. I thought Fabio Aru or someone would come across, but nobody did. I had the situation under control, but I wasn't 100 percent sure of winning until I looked behind me in the final curve. It's important for me and the team to get a victory, especially as a confidence booster ahead of Il Lombardia, which is a race I like a lot."

- Rigoberto Uran







1983, 1985: King Kelly's Lombardia...






1980 Lombardia champion, Alphons de Wolf...





Comments