King for another day

"Another 2nd place. Disappointed I just couldn't close the gap. Tomorrow some rest and then I will try again in week 2 and 3."
- Bauke Mollema, 2nd place





"I've never suffered that much in my entire life, I'm still a little foggy in my mind, but I'm sure it will sink in soon what an accomplishment this is."
- Ben King, claimed his second stage win on stage nine.




Stage 9: Talavera de la Reina-La Covatilla

1. Ben King 5:30:38
2. Bauke Mollema 0:48
3. Dylan Teuns 2:38
46. Michael Woods 6:55


GC
1. Simon Yates 36:54:52
2. Alejandro Valverde 0:01
3. Nairo Quintana 0:14
43. Michael Woods 22:08








Gorilla wins in Britain




"I'm happy that I could finally win again. It's always prestigious to win a stage here and if you can win on the first day, the week is already saved."
- Andre Greipel, wins stage 1 Tour of Britain. Sixth in the Tour of Britain and 154th in his career.




Comments