Silk Road Mountain Race.


1,721 kilometers race through, what could be, the toughest conditions for any cyclist/adventurer occurred on August 26th, 2018, the inaugural PEdALED Silk Road Mountain Race in Kyrgyzstan. Besides the awe-inspiring vistas, I was awe-inspired by the organizers (who put on this incredible race), friendliness of the locals, and the sheer resiliency and determination of the riders. 

"This was the hardest race I have done. But that is not why I took part. It's about pioneering and racing bikes where no one did before. That is the real beauty of this race for me."

"Also, seeing a group of men pushing a car up Tosor Pass, the highest pass of the event at just under 13,000 feet, in the middle of a snowstorm was pretty exhilarating. I remember saying to myself, 'People think and tell me I am tough. I'm not tough. These people are tough."
- Jay Petervary







Comments