A fantastic start to the season & Nokere Koerse

 

The new King of the two seas.



Ready to wout them all



A loss is a win



"With two stage wins, it's for me a perfect week. I'm for Milano Sanremo.
-Mathieu van der poel

"I'm very happy, I was confident to take this place on the podium."
-Mikel Landa


"I showed that I'm human, not a robot and that I can lose the race. My numbers were good, but every day is different.

I'm happier to work hard for the team for a week than win another time trial. The guys gave 100 percent, so why should we be disappointed. We'll have more chances to fight back. I'm not sad. Every race is different. There is always someone who can be stronger."
-Filippo Ganna

Stage 7 results







We turn from stage races back to Belgium classics with today's Nokere Koerse!

First, run in 1944 this semi-classic is described as a mini-edition of the Tour of Flanders. Last year's race was canceled due to the pandemic. Fortunately, it's back for both men's and women's races. Sprinter's have a history of winning this race but there are cobblestone sections...

"We have a total of 35 cobblestone zones, which together are 20 kilometers long and represent 10 percent of the course. I really want to get rid of the image of a sprint race. With the adaptation of the course in the last two years, we never came to the line with a full peloton again, but the weather conditions were always good then. If there is a little wind, we will certainly get a more difficult race.

The course will certainly undergo some more adjustments next year, this year this was not possible due to road works. We are going to spice up the final with even more cobblestone sections that is already certain. We really want to become the Paris-Roubaix of Flanders."

-Rony De Sloovere. Race director.


The nice cobblestone finish




Start list



Comments