Loulou time & Belgian conspiracy



"This first win of the season is a relief for me. It's never easy to win in the rainbow jersey and doing it in this race feels amazing.

We were in a perfect position with João Almeida in front, which allowed me to concentrate on maintaining my position. When it became clear that he would be caught after Thomas's acceleration I gave it my all to the finish line."
-Julian Alaphillipe







The ringleader is awarded with the cuddly combativity prize



Oliver Naesen played ringleader along with 11 Belgian buddies on a lazy stage 5 in Paris-Nice. With about 70-kilometres to go the Naesen led escapees (many near-neighbors and training partners) Flandrien their way from the peloton.

"I try to do something like that when there is nothing to talk about. In the morning, they came to see me. It is often the day when there is nothing to do that there is a possibility of doing something. Everyone I approached jumped in. The briefing was very good. They knew perfectly from which kilometre it was going to happen. Who decided that? I should give that honor to myself.We said that while laughing but it was a great effort nonethless."
-Oliver Naesen

"Nice to be part of the Belgian coup!"
-Philippe Gilbert

 
 


Comments