We have a great team & the breakaway artist

 





The start of the Belgian holy week of cobbled classics began with E3 Saxo Bank Classic. The powerful teamwork of Deceuninck Quick-Step is richly rewarded with a first and second place on behalf of "The Wolfpack."


"What should you do against so many men from Deceuninck Quick-Step? I thought it was a shame that I lost Wout because I think we could have made the race. We also did most of the work in the chasing group."

-Mathieu Vander Poel


"Everyone had a difficult day and were on the limit. I've been feeling good the last few days so I was motivated to make a tough race today and I wasn't afraid to start early.

We have a great team, everyone was very strong today. I could hear them cheering behind me and I could hear in my ear how well they stopped the other attacks. This was great team play."

-Kasper Asgreen


64th E3 Saxo Bank Classic results






"I'm happy, I had made several other attempts and today it worked. But it was not easy, these are the first races of the season and this victory is important."

-Lennard Kamna


Stage 5 results 


Comments