I just tried to ride full gas and that was it

 

The breakaway on the cool cobbled climb in Varallo



"I am really happy, the team did a fantastic job today, really controlled the start, worked a lot and I managed to finish it off, so I am really very happy.

I saw that the boys from Ineos were happy to ride tempo behind Almeida and I had a feeling that they would let me go today. As soon as I attacked, I saw that that was correct, so I just tried to ride full gas and that was it.

I tried to do my best today, it wasn't the most difficult of stages, it was just a very difficult final climb, but tomorrow is very different. It is a very hard stage, back in the high altitude so we will see what I can do, I am just doing my best at the moment and I am happy with the stage win."
-Simon Yates


To the top


"The last couple of days we have only been looking forwards not backwards, and if we want to go any higher on general classification, which we do, we had to try to put our rivals under pressure today. The boys did a good job by making the day hard and solid all through the stage.

Simon rode a very aggressive final climb. A very well-deserved win and he put some more time into his rivals."
-Matt White, DS

Heading towards his finest hour


"Cycling isn't only about winning; that's a story worth telling, too."
-Damiano Caruso. The loyal domestique turned podium hunter. 4th place on stage 19, currently 2nd on GC @ 2:29












Comments