We hit the target

 

Fortune favours Fortunato


Eolo-Kometa cycling team is created by Giro d'ltalia champion's, Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso a few months ago. A dream come true for the young team after accepting an invitation to the Corsa Rosa... their objective was to win a stage.

Lorenzo Fortunato has won on the mythical summit of Monte Zoncolan, where he scored his first professional win and gave his Eolo-Kometa team the first victory. For co-owner, Alberto Contador made a certain promise for winning a stage in this Giro...

"I go by bike from Pinto to Milan."
-Alberto Contador

"I  still can't believe what happened. I realized that I had won 150 meters from the end when I heard Stefano Zanatta on the radio saying, "Now do a sprint" and meanwhile Ivan was screaming. It is a dream come true, a great thing: I thank my sport directors, I thank Ivan Basso and Alberto Contador, and all the staff of Eolo-Kometa because without them I would have never succeeded in this enterprise. This team will grow and I'll grow with it, I'm sure of it. Thanks to everyone: this morning Ivan Basso told me "Go in the breakaway and win the stage". And it happened, it reall happened."
-Lorenzo Fortuanto

"Lorenzo today was truly extraordinary: we had promised to be protagonists this year, and today, thanks to him, we hit the target. For those who love this sport, the Zoncolan is a real monument: today Lorenzo has written his name among the great champions who have conquered it, and I don't think there is a greater joy than seeing our efforts rewarded with a performance of this level. The teamwork really made the difference: thanks to the support of Vincenzo Albanese in the breakaway and all the other guys in the group, we were able to keep our promise to wn a stage. And it's not over yet: the final catwalk is still a week away, and our thirst for victory is certainly not exhausted".
-Ivan Basso



Epic!











Comments