Ventoux x2 stories

Rigoberto Uran moves up to 2nd on GC
 

"Not sure if I wanted to experience this Mt Ventoux twice on 1 day. Thanks to Wout van Aert for cruising up in front to leave us in time! What a legend you are! Congrats for that impressive performance."

-Andre Greipel

"It's a mythical climb, riding it in a race like the Tour de France is all the more mythical. I remember when I was a child watching the Tour de France, I had a tape that I put on in the magneto because Richard Virenque had won in 2002 and I watched it on repeat. Finding myself at the head of Mont Ventoux for a little while in the Tour for me was something magical and I came across more strong so I have no regrets. I was combative today, but the whole Trek team was combative, we really tried. Julien (Bernard) did a fantastic job, he sacrificed himself as he does all the time."

-Kenny Elissonde, 2nd place


"I've never experienced something like that before, luckily I survived."
-Louis Meintjes, 19th place











Stage 11 Results







Look Back on a few more Giants of Provence...

Charly Gaul, mountain time trial Stage 18, 1958 Tour de France


Eros Poli (6'4") Stage 14, 1994 Tour de France


Comments