Third was all I could get

 




"Today I was always behind Vlasov because he was the leader, I was ready in case he had a failure. In the final, the sprint started on the right and I went to the left, I saw that he was in my wheel and I gave it my all."

-Sergio Higuita




"I'm very happy with this result and the way the team rode today, I think we worked well together. I had a mechanical in the middle and Finn did a great job to two me back to the front and then when there was still a rider out in front, at the end Hirschi put in a huge turn to bring it back.

I tried my best in the sprint but 3rd was all I could get. It's great to be in second now but it's very tight and things could all change tomorrow and I could lose placing or potentially even gain one so we will see. Also to wear the best young riders jersey is really satisfying at a big race like this."

-Juan Ayuso. UAE Emirates. The 19 yr old Spaniard took 3rd on the Queen stage, takes white jersey. 





Comments