Tour of the Alps Stage 1

 




"I think I realized I was going to win at 300 metres before the finish line. I thought of the Giro d'ltalia last year, when I was caught by the leaders with 400 metres to go, but today I won.

I knew that if you were in front on the descent off the last climb, you could hold your gap over the peloton. But on the final circuit, I had a lot of headwind and it was very hard. I just kept pushing and I went full gas on the last small climb with 4km to go. I had a little gap just before the finish line, so it was perfect."
-Geoffrey Bouchard rides to his first professional victory.

"We did a good job as a team during the stage to keep a good position, and in the final, it was a sprint that suited me well so we went for it and I manged to come 3rd."
-Romain Bardet Team DSM





Comments