Algarve: bike throw & Andalucia

 

Magnus Cort gets the win... by bike throw.


"At home, I was thinking about this stage and didn't really know that I could tell the sports directors that I wanted to go for this climb -  it's an eight-kilometre mountain. But I came to this race, and they had the same idea that I should try today. Trying is one thing. I have won on mountain-top finishes before, but it has always been from the breakaway. I have never done that from the bunch of main GC favourites. 

I got really nervous in the end. I was always feeling on the climb that it was going okay. It was hard but I was still inside, I wouldn't say my comfort zone, but I knew I had a sprint left. As we got closer, with four kilometres to go, I was thinking okay, if we keep this tempo it is perfect. And then, in the final 500 metres, obviously everyone wanted to be close to the front and there was a headwind. I was maybe a little bit afraid to touch the wind too early, and I really struggled to find my way out, but luckily I got there in the last five metres, and I got the win."

-Magnus Cort. This is his first win of the season and 9th win for EF Education Easypost.

Stage 2 results






Comments