Tour de l’Ain Stage 3

"The whole day was quite fast and I was feeling a bit stiff due to the crash yesterday. When Storer went I wasted a little bit of the momentum because I expected Cepeda to follow the wheel. But, I was able to bridge back to Storer. In the end, it was clear that he was the stronger rider today, and he deserved to win. On a personal level, I'm happy that after an unlucky year, today the wheels seemed to turn in my way again."

-Kenny Ellisonde. 2nd place, 2nd on GC



 



"I'm speechless, it's incredible. I knew I was in good shape before this race, and the team knew it too. We had a good plan, and we had such good cohesion. It's pretty rare to have such a good group of guys. They did a perfect pace, and it was so nice to see. I really wanted to do my best today. It was great to see them so motivated and ready to give everything to attack. I'm so happy I could finish it off. I just wished the finish was twenty kilometers sooner (smiles)".

-Michael Storer. Just like he did in 2021, the Aussie climber took the race's final stage and GC.


Comments