Giro d’ltalia: Tuscan white gravel roads…

 



"At the start of the stage, UAE actually had 10 numbers or 15 numbers on their handlebars of who they wouldn't allow to go away, I was one of them. It was an insane day. The race was out of control the whole day. It was ridiculous for the first 80km, and when it went out of control, I was able to jump. I was half eyes on looking for time and half looking for the stage, so I ended up riding a bit harder than the others.
You could see from the gaps they were keeping they weren't willing to let the jersey go. I tried to be efficient and save it for tomorrow. It was a good day, beautiful weather and good fun out there in the break."
-Luke Plapp. Third place and jumps from 21st to 15th on GC.




Allez...Philippe!

"I'm a bit disappointed to be so close to victory but this is not the last opportunity until the end of Il Giro."
-Julian Alaphilippe


Comments