TdF stage 13: Ackermann close, Roglic withdraws

 


Pascal Ackermann (Israel Premier Tech) finished in third place again on stage 13 in Pau and Derek Gee moves up to ninth overall @7’54” as the race enters the Pyrenees tomorrow.

“Third again, and I don’t really know what I could have done differently today. It was a real epic stage. The team was amazing once again, and I think we showed everybody that we are not just a team from the second division but one of the best teams here. 

It was a really messy final with a late crash, and once again, somebody hit my front wheel in the sprint, which really took out my speed, and I had to launch again. Before the Tour started, I don’t think anybody was expecting me to be this good, but I wanted to show that I’m still there with the best riders. I think I can be really proud of myself, and I hope to continue like this. On Tuesday, we have another chance.”

-Pascal Ackermann looks to stage 16: Gruissan-Nimes for another crack for a stage victory.


Tomorrow: Pyrenees!




Comments