TDF Stage 20: KoMs & Meilleur Sprinteur

 



Richard Carapaz is the King of the Mountains at the 2024 Tour de France. The Olympic champion put in another heroic performance this time on stage 20 crossing the summit of the Col de Turini in first place on the road and then did the same on the Col de la Colmiane: the polka-dot jersey was his.

“The truth is I’m super excited. It was a really, really, really hard day. I had good luck to place myself well and I earned more points and I’m just really happy. For me, it’s been a Tour that was growing little by little, day by day, and this is the best I’ve felt and it’s ended great. It’s a positive result for me. To bring this wonderful jersey home is the best.
-Richard Carapaz


Rolling in with green envy

“From the start, we have good team atmosphere, the riders, they are super nice guys. We don’t have time to celebrate tomorrow so we just say let’s celebrate now because we deserve it, we did an incredible job to protect this jersey. We gave everything we have. You see, also, we have the smallest budget in the WorldTour teams - so to have 3 incredible victories and the green jersey it’s such amazing.”
-Biniam Girmay is the winner of the green jersey.







Comments