World Championship: Triple Crown, Alison Jackson. MTB World Cup




Slovenian sensation Tadej Pogacar lived up to his favourites tage to clinch the men's road race. He caps his remarkable season by becoming only the third person behind Eddy Merckx (1974) and Stephen Roche (1987) to complete the triple crown winning the Giro d'ltalia, Tour de France, and world titles.







Elisa Longo Borghini for the bronze. 
The rainbow jersey escaped her yet again.

"I really wanted to have fun and I did, so that makes me happy. I also came for the victory and I went for the win. It didn't happen but I'm very satisfied."
-Elisa Longo Borghini. The 32-year-old Italian was third in Imola (2020) and third in Valkenburg (2012).






 





Look back: World Road Race Championships 1987, Villach. Leading is Steve Bauer (13th) from Juan Fernandez, Moreno Argentin, Sean Kelly and Rolf Golz.


Comments