Tre Valli Varesine: Cédrine Kerbaol

 

Ker-boom!


Cédrine Kerbaol (Ceratizit-WNT) powered to a solo victory in a rain-soaked fourth edition of the Tre Valli Varesine women’s race, continuing her stunning 2024 season with a fifth win. It was a brutal day of racing in Northern Italy as adverse weather conditions sparked a shortening of the original 136km course. Kerbaol has won a stage of the Tour de France Femmes earlier in the season, displaying the same skills she took on the slippery roads, taking her an eight career win.

“We had a lot of rain and cold all day and it wasn’t easy. I was feeling good and that’s why I tried to stay very alert and try to get into the breakaway. I immediately understood that it could be a good move and then at the end when I stayed with Silvia Persico I understood that together we could gain a good margin. Honesty, I was afraid of her, I was expecting her to attack so I tried to attack her and managed to detach her At that point, I pushed hard until the finish line and I’m happy to have managed to win this classic.”

-Cédrine Kerbaol

Tre Valli Varesine Women’s Race results



Comments