Ready or not the steep Alto de L'Angliru!

I don't see any enjoyment anywhere.
www.velonews.com


Brutal and critical are the words used for the attempt for Saturday's stage 13 killer mountain climb up the fabled Angliru. This climb, enough for the seasoned grimpeur will put their climbing legs to the ultimate test. Perhaps the toughest anywhere. The finish will be at the top of this hell.  It cranks up to a 23.5 percent with about 2 km left. I reckon some will end up walking. And most riders are set to use these gears:  34 inner teeth chainring with cogs of 28 or 29 teeth.

An added factor;  there's a forecast for rain and cold. And this gives it the fearsome reputation that I love. Cycling drama at it's best. It unfolds Saturday.

I can't help it but I'm rubbing my hands with glee!

Comments