Today we ride!



We're riding towards the University.




Nice & sunny this afternoon as my brother, Ron & I departed for a very relaxed ride. I thought about Jean Bobet's book, "Tomorrow We Ride," about his riding exploits with his famous cycling brother, Louison. It's on my wish list. And it was so good to have that brotherly ride together. Shooting the 'shit' while spinning on the bike. I can understand Bobet saying, "We always understood each other best on bikes. We always needed a bike beneath us."


A much needed one for the road...

The fine Italian 'gusto' coffee!


Before we started, we had a much needed Italian coffee and I let him use my floor pump. He's riding on a Kona Blast aluminum MTB, and on badly underinflated tires. Both of his tires were 40 psi, about a half less from his recommended pressure. Now, at around 80 psi he's riding comfortably. I don't know how he could ever ride on underinflated tires. So, I took him on my UBC route, cruising along SW Marine Drive stopping for a nice chat at Jericho Beach. We rode back and it was Ron's longest ever ride (1 1/2 hours). It's not always about the quantity... but the quality!


Taking time out at Jericho Beach...














Between the two trees, out in the distant is a cargo ship!

Comments

Groover said…
Lavazza is my favourite brew, too. :-)
Richard said…
I'm just about to have one, right now!