Svein Tuft: Ready to Pounce

Silver in 2008.



It was four years ago, that Svein Tuft stunned the world to take the silver in the 2008 world's time trial in Varese, Italy. With his Orica-GreenEdge teammates hung on to win the bronze in the inaugural team trial will put him as a strong contender for tomorrow's 47.5km individual time trial.


On a difficult parcours like this, I will have to wait and see. The team time trial was a perfect warm up. I got rid of all my nervous energy and really blew out the legs. Also, riding similar climbs and weather conditions gets me mentally prepared.

We've had a lot of focus on the team trial, and I believe these efforts really have prepared me for what the individual time trial offers. I'm pretty happy with my form and have pretty good aspirations for Wednesday.


Tuft, the Canadian TT champ will start seventh from last and and has a very good chance for a podium finish. 

Start list.




Comments