The Legend of the Tour






As you all know, Le Tour's new 2013 route was announced.

I must admit I wasn't initially excited, with the avalanche of LA news tumbling in. One item that caught my eyes is this trailer for the upcoming film, 'The Legend of the Tour.' It's currently in production and after seeing the gritty imagery of the past rekindles that exciting nostalgia I seem to have temporary lost.

Sure, LA is part of the trailer whilst it is in pre-production I have a feeling he won't be in the final cut. That's what I hope.

Is it me or have I lost a little bit of cycling love? Sadly, I feel that I've been raked over hot coals and finally told the sobering truth.The truth that quite a few of us, myself included, have waited to arrive. A doping battle, of sorts, have already started. Tour director Christian Prudhomme, announcing the route firmly said, "Doping is the enemy. The Tour will be stronger than doping." A rallying cry?


Pièce de résistance...

I would like to call the 2013 Tour, 'Le Nouveau Tour'. A mountainous route, within the confines of France, the island of Corsica will become the Grand Depart. It is the 100th edition; l'Alpe d'Huez climbed twice and Mont Ventoux returns. Sixty-five kilometres of time-trials not long enough for Bradley Wiggins to contend to defend his title, but it may be a silver lining for Chris Froome. The traditional Bastille Day stage on July 14, the longest at 242 kms ends with the mythical ascent of Mont Ventoux.

The pièce de résistance will be the final stage on July 21 inside the grounds of the Versailles Palace. An historical backdrop with the 17th-century chateau. A break from tradition, eight laps of the Champs Elysees will send riders all the way around the Arc de Triomphe finishing about 9 p.m.


Within the doping specter of doubt, and optimistic trailer along with the inspiring words from Cadel Evans...


For those who are disappointed with the situation right now: do not despair, do not abandon us now we are in our best years, preparing things for our most important moment yet - the future.


Comments