Friday File: A Final Spin on the Sprinter's Course, Giro 2014 & Tifosi Cycling Cap

A  final Spin on the Sprinter's Course.



Sunday is La Classicissima without the Pompeiana. It looks likely to be the last sprinter's course, in it's illustrious history until it changes next year, with the addition of the new 5km Pompeiana climb situated between the Cipressa and Poggio. Director Mauro Vegni makes it clear the change will happen in 2015...







It's difficult to say who will win, there's plenty of riders to choose from. I'm looking back at last year's race, made worse from the foul weather, that this could be the year of Sagan. I'm not saying that the weather will be ominous but Sagan has proven to be in there rain, shine or snow. Of course, I always like a dark horse to win and there are plenty guys to choose from. John Dagenkolb and Sylvain Chavanel comes to mind. Both have what it takes to finish this long race and can win. Here's an image off John Dagenkolb's twitter, today...







Preliminary start list.




No snow in the forecast but apparently rain is...

Frozen Manuel Belletii, 2013.





I like tradition. And, at times, have difficulty changing something that's not broke. My inner voice tells me that change is good. Throw in the Pompeiana to shake things up even more and make La Primavera even more classic. This Sunday, the sprinters will rule ... one last time.










Giro d'Italia...






My first day of 'Italian' Spring...

photo Cycling Art



My selfie taking the new Tifosi cycling cap out for first day of Spring spin. 




Comments