A Backstage Pass To Winning The 100th La Doyenne






I have to really thank my team. With 30 kilometers to go, I actually felt I didn't have good legs but they insisted. I owe them a lot. You never know what happens in such a final. I just gave the maximum until the final bend. To win here really is a dream come true.

-Simon Gerrans




Screams of joy!


A winning Backstage Pass. Love the reaction!




The fall heard around the world...

Dan Martin will be back to his winning ways.




The team rode a beautiful race today. We did everything right and they gave everything for me all day. I hit a patch of something on the road. I don't know exactly what happened - it was like falling out of a tree - and down I went. Before I knew it, it was over. I think there were tears in my eyes before I hit the floor. I'm just so sorry. I know in my heart we did everything we could have to get me where I needed to be. I'm heartbroken I couldn't deliver the win for team but I'm proud of how they rode for me and of Tom finishing 6th. We'll just have to come back next year and try again.

- Dan Martin


Comments