FRFuggitivi: More Miles More Beer

Honoring the last stage of the Giro with an 
all Italian look.
Photo Cycling Art






Perhaps I did underestimate our Sunday FRFuggitivi ride out to Ft. Langley. The natural beauty of the area with many parks border the village community. It's indeed scenic. The 80km total distance was unexpected, for me, especially after my last ride a week ago. No miles in the legs. So, I cramped on the way back. Thanks go out to Guy for riding with me and, sporadically with Brian, pacing me back. On the return we 'bumped' into a huge group out training for an upcoming Ride To Conquer Cancer event and I was more than happy to ease off from the pain and talk with them.




More Miles More Beer.
photo by Mario




Truth is I had to finish and continue on, only to happily see Mario waving at us into Central City Brewing in Surrey. Time for a beer taster. I believe it was the bacon maple pilsner - that I sampled. It was tasty and so easy to sit in the comfy chairs and continue drinking. Sadly, we had to leave our new oasis and that one taster of beer made me forget the cramp as we made our way back to New Westminster. I could be wrong here but I'm a firm believer that beer is an electrolyte. Ok, minus the alcohol - according to our mantra, 'More Miles More Beer' was embraced and ...certainly quenched!




damn nice view!
photo Cycling Art



Comments