In The Alps With Purito & Majka






Joaquim Rodriguez is a man on a mission. No not to win the Tour, he's not back in form to do that. Since May, when he abandoned the Giro due to crashes he's back and earning the right to wear the polka dot jersey. Today, he grappled the coveted dotted jersey back from Nibali winning the Souvenir Henri Desgrange, first up the epic Col d'lzoard. On this hot day in the Alps, he pocketed a cool 5000 euros to share with his Katusha team and gained 35 points. Purito is in 55th place overall, more than 1 hr 40min behind Nibali. Crucially, he'll have to gain more points in the Pyrennees to win the KoMs.


"I know it will be tough but I'm happy because for me the Pyrenees are easier and I'll feel better there."

- Purito Rodriguez



KoMs Classification:

1.RODRIGUEZ J.KAT88 pts
2.MAJKA R.TCS88 pts
3.NIBALI V.AST86 pts
4.PINOT T.FDJ49 pts
5.VALVERDE BELMONTE A.MOV40 pts





Champion ride...

Chapeau to Rafal Majka.



"This is my first pro victory. I was always coming second, third, etc. I needed to win some big stage at the Tour de France."

- Rafal Majka, winner of stage 14 the hardest stage in the Alps.





The riders were not the only ones climbing in the Alps.





Comments