Friday File: Campagnolo 13-29T on top of Burnaby Mtn., Throwback: Alan McCormack, Ciao: Giro d'ltalia

My new Campagnolo Veloce 13-29T cassette and lightweight
Record chain that responds with smooth and quiet changes. Note the hollow links
photo Cycling Art





Friday file...

First test, for my 'climber's cassette', was the 371m steep climb to Burnaby Mountain. A lunch ride means fitting in a short, fairly quick ride during the workday. This is my first go to SFU with my new 13-29T. Getting into a steady tempo is key and I comfortably rode in the 26T, no need using the 29T. The brief rest bite is at the intersection near the top. Then, follow Gaglardi Way onto a separated multi-user path way. An odd bit of road construction, it's mainly steeper than the road way (image below). Without going too close to threshold, it was a good workout for my tired legs - and this is where I really appreciated my 29T.












Here's another captivating Pro's Closet, opens with a profile of Alan McCormack and his classic 1988 Schwinn Paramount...











Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a year - here's some of my favorite images from this past 
Giro d'ltalia...



Mikel Landa; an astounding performance.
photo brakethroughmedia



Stage 19; Gravellona Toce - Cervinia 





Father of Lampre mechanic, Enrico Pengo - a cycling museum near Padova





Rigoberto Uran.




The Lumberjack.




Colle delle Finestre...




















Comments