Friday File: La Classicissima Di Primavera. A teaser of the new, upcoming FRFuggitivi kit






Milan-San Remo finally starts tomorrow and comes with a stellar field. Start list here. Perhaps it is a lottery to win, long (291kms) and full of unpredictability. One rider I've already pick to podium is Michael 'Bling' Matthews. Here's what he has to say...

"For me, even when I say Milan-San Remo it gives me that little tingle. It's around seven hours on the bike so you've got to keep in position and use your team as much as possible to keep you relaxed without having to do too much work through the race. I normally just try and switch off and then switch on for the last 50km where it's time for my part of the job. I've talked a lot to Oscar Freire (3-time winner) about this race. He knows it like the back of his hand and has given me lots of pointers but that's between me and him."


The first monument of the season promises plenty of drama with the crescendo at the end. I'll be up early, with plenty of coffee, with live coverage starting 5:30 AM PDT. 







Tidbits from the internet...










Sagan will put his best (shaved) foot forward.










An interesting and well done spreadsheet from Velofacts...




RDV wins the 1979 edition... plus a new Ferrari!


The Deal...

One of the most interesting stories from Milan-San Remo is Roger De Vlaeminck's 1979 victory. He signed for Italian team, Gis Gelati for one season and before the start of the race, his boss, drove up with a new Ferrari. He told RDV that if he won he would have the new Ferrari. He duly won the race and drove back to his Belgian home in a brand new Ferrari!












Our 2016 season is looking great...

This is the teaser of our new and upcoming FRFuggitivi jersey. There is also new bib shorts, vest and custom cycling cap (from Red Dots Cycling). Carolle and I are the proud designers and along with my team mates, are looking mightily forward to delivery sometime next month. I'll have an in-depth post upcoming.










Comments