Friday File: Uplifting Heroes

Diego Rosa's awesome victory salute.




Paris-Roubaix is on my mind. I think about my favorite race which is on super Sunday. But, Pais Vasco is ongoing and it's very exciting to follow. It never surprises me how staggering steep riders can endure and it was exciting to watch. Today's stage was unusually brutal with the course profile resembling shark's teeth...





Diego Rosa escaped on the 3rd climb of 8 but, before the finish line, he dismounted his bike perched it above his shoulders and walked across - the best victory salute of the year.




What an outstanding solo ride by Diego Rosa!






The Queen of the Classics...







Recon this past Tuesday was more than troubling. More cobbles here.












A fine look at the 2004 edition...





Maggy Backstedt's winning Bianchi...

Carbon fork, Ti frame - straight road geometry &amp & 27mm tyres.









The winner will receive this...







"The wet cobblestones Sunday need not be a disadvantage for me."







My pick: Peter Sagan because he's finally come into his own. With Gent Wevelgem and Tour of Flanders under his belt... sunday's Roubaix would be a fitting triple. 









Comments